Matthew 25 Ministry
- We are a ministry helping local people in need.
- Supply a local food pantry (feed 300+ families) on a monthly basis.
- Periodically prepare cooked meals for a local large meal delivery program.
- Organize and distribute donated gifts to needy children and families in the community as part of our “Angel Tree” campaign during the holiday season.
Participation and Contact Persons:
- Watch for Mathew 25 Ministry notifications through the Weekly Bulletin and “Sign-Up Genius” to donate food and funds.
- Participate! We always welcome volunteer hands to join and help deliver to the pantry, prepare meals, and identify community needs.
- Feel free to contact any of the Mathew 25 Ministry members to learn more about how you can become involved in this important humanitarian effort: Virginia Koutsouros, Angie McCulloch, Sophia Penning, Lisa Trivelis, Zaffie Zoubroulis.
- Please visit the Matthew 25 Ministry Facebook page for further information, updates, photos, and vignettes of the people we are serving.
Summer Donations Needed
Matthew 25 had a successful delivery on May 23rd. There is so much going on at church and yet our community continues to let their donations pour in, just like the rain in the past month. The pantry is so grateful for our ongoing support. It seems as if there are more mouths to feed, and often not enough food. Please continue to help us as we continue to donate to Seeds of Hope. We are currently in our summer campaign. Please look on our website and bulletin for more information. We know how valuable your contributions are and thank you on behalf of the many mouths you continue to feed!
Isaiah 58:7 Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.
Hunger Doesn’t Take a Vacation
Please continue your good works this spring and summer. Matthew 25 will be collecting healthy food items for children to help maintain their nutrition over the summer. Examples of nutrient-dense and/or kid friendly foods include but are not limited to yogurt, eggs, cheese sticks, peanut butter/jelly, trail mix, crackers, low-fat granola bars, canned fruit in 100% juice, cereal, soups, pasta/pasta sauce, etc. See the Sign-Up Genius for other ideas: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054ba5a729a20-matthew
Please feel free to purchase these types of foods on your own and bring them to church or provide monetary donations to this aim.
As always, thank you for your continued support and generous contributions!
Our next delivery to Seeds of Hope is Monday, June 18th